Industrial chairs at LGI
Industrial chair in Supply Chain
Why an industrial chair in Supply Chain ?
- The Supply Chain function is recent in entreprises (complex stakes, profession to be structured),
- Supply Chain becomes a strategic enjeu stake(globalisation context / Delocalisation),
- R&D departments in firms rarely covers the SC domain (lends itself to research externalization).
Why this industrial chair at Centrale Paris ?
- Engineers trained at Centrale correspond to qualities required for Supply Chain professionals,
- The LGI laboratory has a recognaized expertise in Supply Chain (both from an academic and industrial viewpoint),
- Centrale Paris has a strong interaction with the professionnal group Centrale Paris Achats& Supply Chain.
Partners of the Supply Chain Industrial Chair
Industrial chair Systems Science and Energetic Challenge
The chair object is to model and to optimize complex energetic systems from engineering to operations management and control. The activities of this SSEC Chair will include teaching, research with strong impact on industrial applications, and executive education. The SSEC Chair activities and its staff are part of the Industrial Engineering Laboratory of ECP and Supelec and in close connection with the existing groups on Systems Science.
The CEISAR excellence center
Information systems are an important element to obtain a competitive advantage. Complexity of software applicationshas often developped in such a way that Information Systems become a constraint rather than a tool for the agility of the entreprise. The reduction of complexity fo the firm and its information system becomes a major chalenge. The CEISAR produces so called white books and teaching material in the domain of entrepirise architecture and information systems which are intended to be used in the academic world and in firms; they are based on real world case studies of our sponsors and partners.