Research directly interacting with entreprises
- A very large proportion of the research conducted in the Industrial Engineering Laboratory are stemming from demands of (industry or service) entreprises which contact the lab for support in the resolution of problems and for studying associated research questions.
- Even when the research projects are not directly initiated by an industrial demand, the very nature of the research requires almost systematically to validate the results on real world datasets and case studies.
- This takes the forma of :
- the existence of industrial chairs in the lab,
- a large number of PhDs defended in the context of "convention CIFRE",
- a large involvement of professionnals and practitioneers in the training programs associated with the lab,
ECP / L & WCM Club (Lean and World Class Management)
- ECP / L & WCM Club (Lean and World Class Management) includes companies from industry and services to share and develop best practices for Operational Excellence
- The objectives for participating firms club Lean / World Class Management:
- Challenging for a level of demand and output still high
- Share good practices, benchmarking within and outside the club
- Work together to gain speed in change
- Define a common reference, a label WCM rigorous methods, with the sponsorship of the ECP.
- From this repository, promote cross audits
- Work together on common managerial issues
- The objectives for the ECP
- Confronting students with problems and future of news for companies
- Formalize the methodological and managerial practices to sustain, to step back and be able to "give the lesson”, teach.
- Provide initial training and ongoing tailored to the needs of companies with a recognized certification